STOP PROPOSED LEGISLATION FOR THE GREEK SHORELINE
- Petition byThessaloniki, Greece
- VIVIANNA METALLINOU
Multiply your impact
Turn your signature into dozens more by sharing this petition and recruiting people you know to sign.
Authentic natural beauty, untouched scenery and free access that are the key characteristics of the unique Greek coastal landscapes, are under grave threat due to the proposed legislation for the “Protection of the shoreline” which dismantles the institutional framework of protection and opens it to blind commercial exploitation. We demand the immediate withdrawal of the proposed bill that, if passed, would irreparably destroy the beauty of a landscape that belongs not only to Greece, but to the whole world.
και σχετικη ομαδα στο fb, STOP στην καταστροφή των ελληνικών αιγιαλών : https://www.facebook.com/groups/715686115141235/
Greek Goverment, Primeminister Antonis Samaras
Mr ANTONIS SAMARAS
- Reached 12,500 signatures
Reasons for signing
- neil kirkaldy ANTIPAROS, GREECE
- 5 days ago
- Like 31
- Because I don’t want to see the Greek coastline become like that of Spain.
- Tobias Schorr TROISDORF, GERMANY
- 4 days ago
- Like 25
- I have seen the results of these crazy «development projects» on the Methana peninsula in Greece. After spending millions of Euro for a too big harbour, useless road constructions and other activities without any plans or ideas. 20-40 Million Euro have been spent and the nature has been destroyed in a way that it makes difficult to promote this area again for sustainable tourism. All these useless millions of Euro there are not more jobs for the young people and there has been no development of any kind of tourism. The Greek politics of promoting mass tourism and tourism for new rich people is completely wrong and sets the Greek society and nature in a serious danger. The Greek state and the responsible people there seem to have no plans, ideas or visions for future. It is a shame for a country with thousands of years of culture! And in this moment I do not see even an alternative politician in Greece. They have all the same taste of corruption and selfish way of promoting them self. Is there any hope for Greece????
- Panos Chatziadam HERAKLION, GREECE
- 5 days ago
- Like 16
- Free, unobstructed access to all Greek shorelines is a right and not a luxury! Shame to the Greek politicians that are clearly acting on behalf of others!
- Anna Haughton ATHENS, GREECE
- 5 days ago
- Like 14
- Please do not destroy our beaches, they are why people come
- Nikos Chrysogelos ATHENS, GREECE
- 5 days ago
- Like 13
- Ως ευρωβουλευτής των Πρασίνων – Αλληλεγγύη Δημιουργία Οικολογία η προστασία του αληθινού πλούτου της χώρας μας αλλά και της Ευρώπης αποτελεί ένα θέμα που δεν χωράει διαπραγμάτευση και νομικά τερατουργήματα!
- Sharon Jackson CARLTON, UNITED KINGDOM
- 3 days ago
- Like 7
- I have invested in a business in Crete because of its beautiful natural largely unspoilt coast line. I bring people from around the world to enjoy the sustainability messages from Crete. This contributes to the local economy. If the coastlines of Crete and the rest of Greece become decimated by unsustainable development this will have a direct negative impact on the health of local economy, communities and the environment. Just as in Spain.
- Joanne Maniatis ST. LAUREN, CANADA
- what can I say, greed has no limits!
- Francesco Marcocci BROOKLYN, NY
- I’ve been in greece 5 times and still it is not enough, it will never be enough… i’m from Italy and most of our cost are covered from semi-legal business or illegal construction/houses… it’s a shame. Let Greece be an example to follow for societies once more!
- Dimitris Kritsilis AMSTERDAM, NETHERLANDS
- Because if this monster law is ratified, the landscape disfiguration and environmental damage will be unimaginable.
- Panos E. Gerakakis GREECE
- After concrete investor-architecture will have spoiled the remaining virgin coastal landscape of Greece, it will be very diffucult for the damage to be undone.P. E. Gerakakis, Dipl.-Ing. Architect
- That’s why the legislation has to be stopped now!!!